Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer Fun and a Birthday!

Yesterday we all went to a local fair that's really popular around here- huge crowds. It's a good 45 minute drive, but well worth it. We enjoyed just walking around, eating some "fair food" a real treat since I usually try to make healthier meals. The big boy got to pet some cows- he just loved it. (I could only think about washing his hands off- sometimes I still get picky about dirt and germs, though with two boys I imagine I'll get over it soon enough.)

On an even more exciting note, today is the baby's 6 month birthday! I just can't believe how fast he's growing up, and also how it seems like not so long ago the big one was only this age. So tonight will be his first "real meal"- if rice cereal is real! Here's to hoping he takes to it like the first boy did- and he still loves food (most of the time.)

How do you like to spend your last days of summer with your family- any fun plans? Please share... (and check in tomorrow for some good Family Friday, and menu planning.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin