Monday, August 17, 2009

got time - for blogging?

It seems every time I tune into one of my favorite blogs these days, there's an article on how to manage time with family vs. time with blogging. Everyone's talking about time management for blogging, especially other mommy bloggers. It's an important topic- how can we find a balance with spending our time? We want to be with our families, and yet can feel sucked in by the computer.
This isn't just a blogging issue- even before I started this site I often felt I was coming up short in different areas. Over the next few weeks I'll be writing more on this issue, and giving you some of my ideas- hopefully they'll help you feel a little less overwhelmed.
My first trick is deceptively simple- pick an offline day. For me, Sundays are off-limits for online time. I don't always stick to this completely (I cheated yesterday, and excused it by saying that I didn't go online until my kids were sleeping, and DH wasn't there, and almost all of Friday and Saturday I was with my family enjoying the late summer.) The making excuses wasn't my finest moment, and the slipping up wasn't a high note either. Usually, though, I stick to it- completely turning my computer off and hiding it upstairs. It's not easy, but it's a good way to remember that the computer really isn't the center of our lives.
How do you keep your family priorities first? Share your tips, and don't forget to check back for more later this week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin