Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kitchen Updates

So today I'll be trying out my sourdough- I can't wait! It's been doubling nicely for over a week now. I followed these instructions- so detailed and easy. I'll tell you how the baking goes after I'm all done tomorrow- keeping our fingers crossed as I'm not always the baking queen here. As that goes, my promised recipe for yesterday is on hold. My zucchini bread came out a bit dense, and just kinda strange- I guess I'm not really adept at the soaking yet. Some of my recipes have converted really well, and others, not so much. So it's back to the testing phase. Once I get all the kinks worked out, I will share. Until then, my granola turned out, so you can visit that recipe if you like. Hopefully there will be more soaked/ sprouted recipes joining in soon.

Also, I had to postpone my smoking tutorial- I couldn't find any wild salmon :( so I'll have to wait until the next time I get to our local "good" supermarket. I'm planning on it being shortly after I get back from my weekend away, so check back in on Tuesday or Wednesday for that. Tomorrow will be a day off from food posts to go back to the DOC series *finally* and I'll also be talking about some of the changes in my personal life lately (besides the new food obsessions!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin