Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Thursdays- 6/17/10

Welcome to another Thanksgiving Thursday (TT) here at Make A Home Mom! Again, I want to take today to give thanks for all that God has given to me, and I would love for you to share too.

Just post a comment with a link to a post you've written which deals with being thankful. Then, in that post, I just ask that you link back to this post so everyone can find their way around. If you don't have a blog, just share what you're giving thanks for in the comments.

In a few weeks, I will have a linky for this, but for now I will just add the comments in a list manually. Thanks for coming and sharing!


 

This week I am grateful for the unexpected gifts that God gives. Today was a long day, spent driving hours away to look for a farm to buy some real meat from, only to not be able to find it. My mother went with me, and she was then late for a meeting. I was feeling rather irritated an understatement! and rather upset. However, due to a great radio program and a beautiful drive, my heart was opened to another view. I realized that through these "problem" times God is showing me my plans are not His, and reminding me that to keep the focus on Him. This was a wake up that when things aren't seeming to be going well, that I should be grateful. I took this time to enjoy the gorgeous drive, and let my heart open to staying in a good mood instead of letting a moment turn my whole day negative. Again, I received a chance to remember what I should be doing.

I am grateful that God is continuing to make me a more grateful person. From my post last week, I see that He has answered my prayers to continue making myself more focused on thankfulness, and I am so glad for this. A weakness of mine has always been letting a small downfall in my day turn into a "catastrophe" and I am happy that God has chosen to work on this in me.


 

Now it's your turn! Please share your links in the comments, and I will post them below. Grab my button from the box in my sidebar if you wish.

For these first few weeks I will keep the comments open throughout the weekend, so that word can get out.

Format: Please post in the comments, at the least, Name @ Your Site (Name of Post) i.e. Shelley @ MAHM (Thanksgiving Thursdays)

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5


 

Come back tomorrow for the post introducing a Montessori education, and Saturday for a post on the uplifting and inspiring broadcast that helped change my mood- hosted by Nancy Leigh DeMoss from Revive our Hearts: topics I loved on praying together with your spouse and admitting your weaknesses.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin