Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Giving Back

I am so happy to share that I have gotten my Etsy shop fully up and running, and that I have sold my first item (a custom project.) I have had so much fun getting everything set up, and have decided to rework the charity process for my shop. Instead of the ten percent of sales price, I will be giving 40% - 50% of profits, on all items. I hope to incorporate an actual number into the individual listings by next month, so a customer can tell exactly how much money is going to charity.

I will still be choosing a monthly charity, for next month it will be Compassion. I really am being drawn to sponsoring a child, and I hope that this will allow me to do this. Also, since next month is my birthday, there will be some sales and giveaways! Please see Green Handcrafts for more information.

Thanks for sharing this new journey with me. Next up: making your "resolutions" a reality.

Shelley

1 comment:

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

Hi! I stumbled upon your blog because of a google Alert set to pick up on posts about Compassion... I think that is a GREAT idea! sponsoring through Compassion has been life changing and spreading the word is a passion of mine. I do a lot of blogging about the organization and the changes that have come to our family because of sponsorship. Feel free to stop by sometime! :D Wishing you best with this venture!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin