Friday, September 4, 2009

Weekly Menu Planning


This week will begin a concentrated effort towards my new philosophy: SOLE food
(Sustainable, Organic, Local, Ethical) see this post for more on my changes.
This week's menu is based around natural beef tenderloin, and local produce including squash, beans, corn, and heirloom tomatoes (so yummy).

Sat B: Scrambled eggs, home fries
L: BLT's
D: BBQ at a friend's house- I'm bringing my panzanella

Sun B: buttermilk oatmeal muffins- recipe tomorrow!
L: turkey corn soup
D:grilled steaks and zucchini

Mon: crock pot meal "Pot Roast"
Tues: Cobb Salad reinvented- recipe
Wed: Beef and Vegetable Shish Kabobs
Thurs: Clean out Refrigerator day - "Burgundy Beef"- beef, mushrooms, onions and wine gravy
Fri: Meatless Day- Homemade Smoked Salmon, green bean salad and grilled tomatoes

This is only a baby step to my goal of SOLE eating. Local and organic is the most difficult for me, but I am trying to incorporate this as best I can. Please join me this next week as I share why I started this new journey, and how I will fit it into my life (on the time restraints and economical challenges of eating SOLE.) I will be addressing this in some of my upcoming posts.
Be sure to come back tomorrow and Tuesday for recipes, and on Friday for my "smoking without a smoker" post.

I am happy to link to Fight Back Fridays on Food Renegrade for the first time. Visit this site for lots of great posts and information!
Like This? Please Share:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin